Corporate Law & Business Transactions
Clients of our Corporate Law and Business Transactions team seek our involvement in various contexts, such as capital formation, liquidity events, mergers and acquisitions, reorganizations, commercial disputes, day-to-day affairs and crisis management. The deep experience of the Corporate Law and Business Transactions team, and our extremely pragmatic approach, enable us to deliver value in ways not typically found in the current law firm market. Some examples:
- Efficient and timely execution of transactions. This begins with front end due diligence and the development of a sound plan for bringing transactions to a successful close.
- The ability to distinguish “red flag” issues from theoretical or immaterial points.
- A philosophy regarding negotiations which seeks to achieve “win-win” results. We often receive praise (including from opposing parties) for adopting a respectful, constructive and strong approach.
- Smart staffing, often leaner than that employed by “Big Law” firms.
- Efficient utilization of top tier specialists to provide support outside of our core resources (e.g. antitrust, FDA, bankruptcy, FBAR).
We pride ourselves on possessing the agility to represent companies across the life cycle, from early stage businesses to mature companies, beginning in some instances with inception, moving to growth financing, acquisitions and liquidity events. We represent both investors and issuers in venture capital and private equity transactions, and both acquirors and targets in mergers and acquisitions, with equal proficiency.
Representative industry groups served by our Corporate Law and Business Transactions attorneys:
Financial services and Institutional Investment
- private equity, investment management and family offices
Manufacturing and Industrial
- industrial machinery, power supply, medical products and chemicals
- food packaging and processing
Health Care Services
- managed care, skilled nursing and physical therapy
Health Care Technology and Products
- medical device, pharmaceutical, surgical tools, chronic care management technology and artificial intelligence technology
- Software licensing, employee leasing and consulting
- Fitness, food and beverage and apparel
- Developers and asset managers