Paul Morton, a co-founder of Walker Morton, has over two decades of experience structuring and negotiating transactions for large cap, middle market and emerging companies across industry groups, providing advice on transactional and non-transactional matters.
Matters on which Paul regularly provides advice include mergers and acquisitions, private equity, venture capital, start-up organization and development, private placements, intellectual property licensing, distribution and supply contracts, management compensation and equity arrangements, partnership and stockholder agreements, inbound foreign investment, and the mediation and arbitration of commercial disputes.
Paul serves as outside general counsel to numerous clients, addressing matters across a broad range, including corporate development, acquisitions, management compensation, restructurings and, on occasion, crisis management. Representative clients include investment management firms, financial sponsors, institutional investors, family offices, manufacturers and other operating companies, senior executives, high net worth individuals, foundations and non-profits. Industry groups in which Paul’s clients participate include financial services, healthcare and financial technology, healthcare services, medical device, consumer products and industrial machinery manufacturing, pharmaceuticals and institutional lending.
Honors and Awards
- Listed, Leading Lawyers Network, 2014-2015
- Member, Winning Team, "Cross Border Special Situation M&A Deal of the Year" for the AgFeed Industries sale of assets to Ningbo Tech Bank, TriOak Foods and Smithfield/Murphy, Global M&A Network’s Turnaround Atlas Awards, 2014
- • Team Member, Corporate Board Member magazine and FTI Consulting, Inc., one of “America’s Best Corporate Law Firms,” 13th Annual Legal Industry Study, 2013
- Northwestern University School of Law, Chicago, Illinois
- J.D. - 1987
- Honors: Finalist, Julius Miner Moot Court Competition
- Honors: Member, National Moot Court Team
- University of Michigan
- B.A. - 1984
- Honors: With Distinction
- Major: Political Science
- Executive Committee, Jewish Child and Family Services
- Chairman of the Board, SketchPad, Inc.
- Director, Jewish Vocational Services
- Jewish United Fund, Chairman, Lawyers Division Campaign